Church Dedication

Photo courtesy of The Wenatchee World

Although automobiles were becoming popular, horse-drawn buggies were still being used when this photo was taken of the crowd of people attending dedication of the German Lutheran Church in Douglas on Sept. 19, 1915. The church congregation was organized in 1889 with Rev. M. Steinke, John Willms, G.H. Westerman, H. Willms, Peter Kirchner, Frank Monk, Nanke Weyen, John Witten and John Peters. The building was constructed by William F. Puffert.