Pictorial Past | Lamoine school children

This photo, from around 1918, shows students by the south side entrance of the little Lamoine schoolhouse. Those identified are Ben Nelson (far left), Marie Nelson (second from left), Evelyn Nelson (second from right) and Oliver Nelson (far right). In the back is Ella Danklefs, who taught school there from 1918 to 1921. (Information and provided photo/Darrin Nelson)