Pictorial Past | Pioneer postmaster

 

Madelia St. Germain served as the postmaster for a rural post office that bore her name from 1904 to 1913. St. Germain was an unincorporated community in the central part of Douglas County, named in honor of the family that homestead there. It was located five miles north-northeast of Withrow. (Information and provided photo/Darrin Nelson)