Pictorial Past | Pioneer Waterville home

This log house, occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Horatio N. Wilcox, was one of the first built in Waterville. Wilcox came to the area in 1883 and settled in what is now north Waterville. It was known as the Wilcox addition, platted on Feb. 28, 1891. The town of Waterville came into existence in 1886 because of its wells of water. It took county seat honors from Okanogan City on May 3, 1887. (Witter photo) (Information and provided photo/Darrin Nelson)