Pictorial Past | The early day town of Douglas

The town of Douglas in 1909. The large building in the center of the photo, with the row of windows, housed the Douglas Record newspaper, Wolverton General Store and the Douglas State Bank. The white building in the lower right was a hardware store. At the top left, was the school, and at the top right was the former German Lutheran Church built in 1890. (Information and provided photo/Darrin Nelson)