Pictorial Past | Early East Wenatchee landscape

Back in the 1890s and early 1900s, the East Wenatchee area had lots of sagebrush and little else. It wasn’t until 1908 when the Highline Canal was completed that the Eastside received water. Once water was available, fruit trees were planted extensively throughout the area as this photo taken in the 1910s (looking west) attests. (Provided photo/Wenatchee World archives)