Pictorial Past | Waterville library

Citizens of Waterville make use of its public library in September of 1959.
read more

Pictorial Past | Examining wheat

Waterville ranchers Emil Iverson and Kenneth Gormley look at a plot of Luke, a possible new variety of wheat said to be resistant to snow mold.
read more

Pictorial Past | Del Rio building from the past

The Del Rio Post Office, which later became the Del Rio Grange, was located nine miles northeast of Leahy Junction in northern Douglas County.
read more

Pictorial Past | Primitive Pine Canyon

Convict labor from the state penitentiary built the first Pine Canyon road from Orondo to Waterville in 1915-17.
read more

Pictorial Past | Thinking of the coming year

These Waterville Chamber of Commerce officers give a lot of thought as to how to make Waterville a better place in 1969. Newly installed were Steve Still, vice president; Robert Fisk, president; and Joanne Whitehall, secretary-treasurer. (Provided photo/Wenatchee World...
read more

Pictorial Past | More space for Waterville school

Work is underway on a new addition to Waterville High School in September 1959.
read more

Pictorial Past | Wheat queen

Marla McClure of Mansfield is named Douglas County Wheat Queen in November of 1967. (Provided photo/Wenatchee World...
read more

Pictorial Past | Waterville pioneer

Mathew Baines Malloy (1858-1926), a Pennsylvania transplant, sits in his law office in Waterville during the 1920s.
read more

Pictorial Past | PUD commissioners sign

In May of 1960, three Douglas County PUD commissioners ponder a new contract with Puget Sound Power & Light Co. that would further finance engineering for the Wells Hydroelectric Project.
read more

Pictorial Past | Shocker basketball

The Waterville Shocker basketball team from 1956-57.
read more