Pictorial Past | Withrow hardware store

The J.E. Andrews hardware store supplied the town of Withrow in Douglas County from 1910 to 1945.
read more

Pictorial Past | Eastside church rises

The new Grant Landmark Missionary Baptist Church on S. Kentucky Avenue in East Wenatchee is shown in August of 1960 prior to its completion.
read more

Pictorial Past | Rail line’s last run

The Mansfield-Douglas line made its last run on March 2, 1985. A crowd gathered in Douglas for the farewell. (Provided photo/Wenatchee World...
read more

Pictorial Past | Grange construction

The East Wenatchee Grange Hall is under construction in 1948. The building was officially dedicated in January of 1949. (Provided photo/Wenatchee World...
read more

Pictorial Past | Ready for baseball in Waterville

Four members of the 1912 Waterville Bunchgrass Baseball Team pose for a photo on main street with the pharmacy in the background.
read more

Pictorial Past | Christmas Seal campaign begins

Posters publicizing the 1964 Christmas Seal campaign were placed in several Douglas County businesses in late November that year. Tanda Junior High Camp Fire members from East Wenatchee presented a poster to Doug Harper, manager of Douglas County Bank, for display. The girls were, from left, Judy Artley, Pam Pace, Margie Flaherty and Jan Carpenter. Harper was also treasurer of the Douglas County...
read more

Pictorial Past | St. Andrews School

St. Andrews School as it appeared during the 1970s.
read more

Pictorial Past | Students of Acme School

Vina Leahy taught at the Acme School, northeast of Waterville, in 1924.
read more

Pictorial Past | Flooding aftermath near Douglas Creek

A Great Northern Railway official surveys flood damage to the Mansfield Branch Line at Douglas Creek in June of 1948.
read more

Pictorial Past | Douglas County pioneer

The small community of St. Andrews was named after Captain James Saint Andrews (1838-1891), a Civil War veteran who served in the Michigan’s 11th Cavalry.
read more